Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Made for Cable


Cable killed the network sitcom. I can't watch network sitcoms anymore without feeling letdown. I'm always wishing it was done on Cable. I like cursing. I like violence. I like bosoms. The UK has a 9PM watershed on programming - things get good after dark. Here we have to pay $12 a month for the priviledge... and that's only taking into consideration Showtime. I've jumped ship from HBO to Showtime, by the way. Here's why: Sopranos ended. Sex/City wasn't my bag. Flight of the Conchords didn't run very long. Six Feet Under was too pretentious. So what does Showtime have to offer? Umm... Dexter, Californication, and Weeds. All excellent entertainment options. 

Also, here's the most inventive insult Cassie has used on me of late: f'ing a-hole in the eyeball bastard. What does that even mean?

No comments: